It is a radio active gas that comes up thru the ground. It has no odor, color or taste. In the Upstate of SC it is worse in Greenville county, the City of Walhala and a few places near there. (www.radon.com)
Radon is very dangerous and can cause lung cancer. We test it for $150.00. We only perform this test along with a home inspection at this price. Otherwise the test is $250.00 done as a stand alone test. The test can take 2 weeks TOTAL or more to run a VERY GOOD TEST, send it to a lab and get results. Remediation is done by contractors specializing in this. Any home can be “fixed” to remove it properly. All new homes should be built with remediation in mind.